I just want to update you all on what I’ve been up to since I posted “About Ariana” in June.
But first, let me tell you a little about me:
I am a sophomore at Lehigh University majoring in journalism with a double minor in graphic design and marketing.
If not at Lehigh, I’m most likely roaming the streets of NYC, shopping or eating (or both), and definitely posting about it. If you’re wondering where I am in the summer, there’s a good chance it’s Greece or Cyprus.
- I love fashion, travel and food.
- I’m trilingual (English, Greek, Spanish)
- I’m a Capricorn. I rarely read my horoscope, but I always read about zodiac signs.
- I use social media, but my notifications are always off.
- In high school I ran track and took fashion design classes.
- I’m ambitious and a hard worker. I’m always starting a new project.
- If you see me reading a book, it’s probably an autobiography of a journalist.
- My Instagram feed is full of fashion bloggers, magazines and Humans of NY posts.
As you probably noticed, I’m a Capricorn, and I do consider myself someone who is ambitious and always starting a new project. Currently, I am the Lehigh campus editor-at-large for Thrive Global and the deputy lifestyle editor for Lehigh’s student-run publication, The Brown and White. If you want to see what else I’m doing, check out arianadimitrakis.com!
Also, I did say I was going to update you all on what I’ve been up to, so here it is:
At Lehigh, I’m enrolled in a PBS and NPR partnership. Because of this, I had the opportunity to film B-roll and conduct interviews to help create a video that aired on their channel! Unfortunately, a project I had been working on with them for a series has ended. Due to coronavirus and an online semester, I cannot continue the research and interviews necessary for the series while I am home in New York. I am hoping there will be another project soon… so stay tuned!
The next news is definitely bigger, and it’s something I’ve been working on for a couple of months.
I wrote a book! … and it’s expected to publish in July!
Female Empowered Fashion is about how the fashion industry promotes female empowerment, and it includes information from interviews with powerful female figures of the industry, including business founders, CEOs, VPs, stylists, designers and influencers. I learned so much while writing and conducting research for this book, and I can’t wait to share it all with you!
Stick around for my next post to learn more about it. The preorder campaign launches tomorrow! 🙂